Sunday, August 26, 2007

party on Wayne!

Okay, so after a few nights back in PDX and a trip to REI I'm able to get back on the road. Before I post again from the road I feel as though I should give a shout out to Wayne, owner of the Skamania General Store. I had no cell service while at the general store and was planning to use the pay phone only to find out that it had been removed a week earlier. Wayne was kind enough to allow me to use his phone to call for assistance so; I wrote him a little jingle.





When driving highway 14
and you hit mile marker 33
Pull over and take a load off
and check out the deals that Wayne's got
Like fishing tackle, road maps, and waxy chocolate donuts
coffee in a can, domestic beer, and Spam
candy and gum of all sorts,
and gasoline and carports...
It's the Skamania General Store
and Cook House Cafe
in the Columbia River George
where breakfast is served all day

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i rcvd a txt from ericka about how she was outside your apartment and could hear you singing but that you didn't know she was there... is that her yelling your name at the end of the song?
yeah homie! party on!

Unknown said...

omg!!! i'm so sorry wayne!!! i needed that moment of fame and inserted myself into your jingle! goodness gracious!

Shannon Brown said...

Hi Hunny!
Happy bikeridin'. Tell mom I say hi. Are you swinging by NYC after you leave Idaho? It's only about two jillion miles out of the way. But we got lots of stuff other than taters to eat here. Like Frito pie in the park, cannolis on the curb and pizza of deliciousness.