Wednesday, August 29, 2007

hot 'n' dusty

It's an absolute scorcher today! Luckily I came across the Dusty Country Store. Dusty being the name of the town and not the contition of the shelves. There was a table in the back where I ate lunch and was briefed, by the women minding the store, about the local gossip regarding the grocery store in nearby LaCrosse where the owner's daughter-in-law had got caught stealing Sudafed and lottery tickets. Although I had no reference to anyone she mentioned I listened intently because it reminded me of the small town news I used to hear during my time in Mullen, NE. Btw, the phone number to the DCS is 549-BEER; they sell shirts tautting the fact. Where would we be without thwart simple pleasures,

2 comments:

Mitchell said...

I dunno? The security cameras and wrought iron gate make me feel a little more like Compton. I guess you gotta protect yourself somehow from those crazy Duke boys!

Unknown said...

dude, i totally want that shirt.